Sunday, December 21, 2008

The consolation prize (fanfic)

So...I'm frustrated. So what's the cure for frustration? Yes, the beach. ::looks around at the desert and pokes a cactus:: Um, yeah... so...hiking! :: considers the weight loss, illness and fatigue:: Uh...fanfic?

Here are a couple of oldies and goodies:

Supernatural: There'll Be Peace When You Are Done by lyra_wing-- Lovely, achy gen story of Sam and Dean. Very short but perfect. (You know, I actually started watching Supernatural because of the fanfic, and I like the (good) fic more than the actual show.)

Veronica Mars:
In Case of Emergency
by bigboobedcanuck-- Premise: A couple of days after the S2 finale, Logan is in an accident while Veronica is out of town. Having no one else to call, he contacts Keith. Care-taking ensues. This is such an incredibly sweet fic, and the best part? Everyone remains in character.

ETA: My post title reminded me of R.J. Anderson's short-but-fabulous Alias fic, Consolation Prize. Her longer fic, What You Never Knew You Wanted," was the first fic that made me really think about Weiss and understand why people liked the idea of him and Syd together.

No comments: