Thursday, April 10, 2008

Not dead yet

Just sayin'. I felt like I was going to die from that stomach bug (and kind of wanted to die), but I'm still here. Word at school is that I look too pale and too thin. But not dead. Yet. :P

Walmart called me to say they would donate something for the drop-out prevention program I run. (I had previously asked a zillion places, but I didn't hear back from quite a few...so whatever.) So...I went over there and waited FOREVER but was very polite and patient, and they gave me a check for $1000!! Heck yeah! I was expecting a couple of $10 gift certificates. I may have to re-consider my hatred of Walmart. Now I have to find out how to cash the check through the district. I'm really excited because we can't use any grant money for incentives....and these kids need incentives (besides the intrinsic value of education). Now I can buy some really good stuff!

BTW, I recently put together a website for one of my programs at school. Clicky-clicky if you want to see it.

No comments: